Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) empowers youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities. ACS exists to support the wellbeing of all teens, tweens, and young adults in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Our network of skilled family therapists and professionally-led support groups are resources that youth and their families can rely on time and again for help with life’s challenges be they big or small. ACS has four programs that serve youth ages 10-25: Community Counseling, On-Campus Counseling, Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment, and Outlet, serving LGBTQQ+ youth.
The following paid position(s) are open to qualified applicants.
TITLE: Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Outlet Program Director
Outlet provides support services to LGBTQQ+ youth, and educational presentations, as well as consultation, for youth and adults. The Education Coordinator is responsible for Outlet’s education programming – providing professional development to K-12 and college/university level faculty and staff, mental health and medical professionals and other youth-serving organization staff, as well as some middle school and high school student workshops on various LGBTQ+ topics and issues. This position includes co-development of training curriculum on LGBTQQ+ sensitivity, scheduling, presenting, tracking, and evaluating the effectiveness of these presentations, as well as assistance with community and in-house youth educational workshops. A Spanish speaker with solid understanding of anti-oppression work, as well as proficient public speaking experience is required.
- In conjunction with the Outlet Director, assist with development, coordination, scheduling, and presentation or co-presentation of educational trainings to adults and youth in the community in English and Spanish.
- In collaboration with other Outlet staff, develop and implement educational workshops for Outlet youth and the larger community.
- Research and manage most up-to-date resources, referrals, and statistics for training and internal resource lists.
- Provide training and consultation services in Spanish for youth and adults.
- Update and deliver evaluation tools and perform evaluation data entry and analysis.
- Build and maintain collaborations with schools, community organizations, and community members.
- Attend staff, committee meetings, and other events as required.
- Assist with fundraising tasks as needed.
- Perform other program duties as necessary, including coverage for youth groups and events when appropriate.
- Deep knowledge of, experience with, and passion for empowering the LGBTQ+ youth community, and background/basic understanding of social justice work.
- Spanish speaking a must.
- Deep understanding of gender diversity a must.
- Experience with public speaking and educating on LGBTQQ+ issues.
- B.A. Degree or equivalent two or more years experience presenting to various audiences on LGBTQ+ concerns, especially in schools, mental health and county organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including skills on creating PowerPoint slideshows for presentations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to work as a team and independently.
- Energetic, creative, reliable, and detail-oriented person.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Google platform and some database work.
- Commitment to the ACS Mission.
SALARY/HOURS: $20- $23 per hour (DOE). 35-40 hours per week. Some evenings and
weekends required. Good benefits including medical, dental, and generous vacation and
**ACS is proud to be Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. People of color, women,
trans* and gender variant people, and individuals of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Anthony Ross, Outlet Program Director
Adolescent Counseling Services
643 Bair Island Rd, Ste. 301
Redwood City, CA 94063