there a fee for service?
Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment (ASAT) services
are provided on a fee-for-service basis at our offices,
located at 445 Sherman Avenue, Suite J in Palo Alto.
Scholarships are available for families in need.
do you provide?
The ASAT Program core services are provided on a fee-for-service basis, and include:
- Early Intervention
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
I am concerned
that my child may have a drinking
problem or may be
using drugs, but I am not sure. What should I
Our therapists specialize in substance abuse treatment
and can assess if substance abuse or addiction is present. Contact
the ASAT Program.
The following are common warning signs of a drug or
- Sudden personality changes that include abrupt
changes in work or school attendance, quality of work, work
output, grades, discipline
- Unusual outbreaks of temper
- Withdrawal from responsibility
- General changes in overall attitude
- Loss of interest in what were once favorite hobbies
- Changes in friends and reluctance to have friends
visit or talk about them
- Difficulty in concentration, paying attention
- Sudden jitteriness, nervousness, or aggression
- Increased secretiveness
- Deterioration of physical appearance and grooming
- Wearing of sunglasses at inappropriate times
- Continual wearing of long-sleeved garments particularly
in hot weather or reluctance to wear short-sleeved
attire when appropriate
- Association with known substance abusers
- Unusual borrowing of money from friends,
- Stealing small items from employer, home or school
- Secretive behavior regarding actions and possessions;
poorly concealed attempts to avoid attention and suspicion
such as frequent trips to storage rooms, restroom,
Different substances lend themselves to different groups
of symptoms. The most noticeable symptom in all cases
is a change, sometimes a radical one, in behavior.
Other physical signs of substance abuse are: slurred
speech, memory impairment, lack of coordination, and
impairment of attention.