The following paid position(s) are open to qualified applicants.
TITLE: Spanish Language and Education Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Outlet Program Director
Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) empowers youth in our community to find their way through social-emotional support and by building safe, accepting communities. ACS exists to support the wellbeing of all teens, tweens, and young adults in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Our network of skilled family therapists and professionally-led support groups are resources that youth and their families can rely on time and again for help with life’s challenges be they big or small. ACS has four programs that serve youth ages 10-25: Community
Counseling, On-Campus Counseling, Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment, and Outlet, serving LGBTQQ+ youth.
Outlet provides support services to LGBTQQ+ youth, and educational presentations, as well as consultation, for youth and adults. The Spanish Language and Education Coordinator is responsible for youth services for Queer and Trans youth of color (QTYOC), and Outlet’s education programming. This position will be responsible for the development of services for QTYOC, including the revitalization of De Ambiente, a program for Spanish speaking and bilingual Latinx LGBTQQ+ youth, ages 10-25. Outlet is often sought out by many schools and other organizations to provide education on LGBTQQ+ topics. This position also includes co-development of trainings on LGBTQQ+ sensitivity, as well as scheduling, presenting and evaluating the effectiveness of these presentations. This position seeks a Spanish speaker with solid understanding of anti-oppression work with QTYOC, as well as proficient public speaking experience.
1. Develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate youth support programs for QTYOC, with assistance from staff and director.
2. Assist staff and volunteers with co-facilitation of various youth groups and social activities.
3. Provide support and consultation services in Spanish for youth and adults.
4. In conjunction with the Outlet Director, assist with development, coordination, scheduling, and presentation or co-presentation of educational trainings to adults and youth in the community in English and Spanish.
5. Outreach to other youth-service providers regarding the needs and experiences of QTYOC.
6. Deliver evaluation tools and perform evaluation data entry.
7. Build and maintain collaborations with schools, community organizations, and community members.
8. Attend staff, committee meetings, and other events as required.
9. Assist with fundraising tasks as needed.
10. Perform other program duties as necessary.
1. Energetic, creative, reliable, and detail-oriented person.
2. Deep knowledge of, experience with, and passion for working with QTYOC population, especially Latinx youth, and background/basic understanding of social justice work.
3. Spanish speaking a must.
4. Deep understanding of gender diversity a must.
5. Experience with public speaking and educating on LGBTQQ+ issues.
6. B.A. Degree or equivalent two or more years experience working with youth under 18 years old.
7. Experience working with a mix of people from diverse backgrounds as well as youth and adults with considerable privilege.
8. Experience with youth group facilitation and ability and desire to work with volunteers/interns.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
11. Able to work as a team and independently.
12. Working knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, as well as Google platform and some database work.
13. Commitment to the ACS Mission.
SALARY/HOURS: $20- $23 per hour (DOE). 35-40 hours per week. Some evenings and
weekends required. Good benefits including medical, dental, and generous vacation and
**ACS is proud to be Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. People of color, women,
trans* and gender variant people, and individuals of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via email or mail to:
Anthony Ross, Outlet Program Director
Adolescent Counseling Services
643 Bair Island Rd, Ste. 301
Redwood City, CA 94063